The WI Coastal-Management Data Infrastructure (WICDI) project team is collecting data from community of practice (CoP) participants in order to begin the process of creating a universal schema. In addition to culvert inventories, we are collecting many other types of data – see examples below.
- Culvert and data inventories (GIS datasets, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Culvert maintenance records and damage descriptions
- Culvert data collection methods and protocols
- Data dictionaries and metadata
- Field manuals
- Culvert/site photographs
- Culvert risk factors (environmental conditions, geomorphology, watershed characteristics, etc.)
Files should be submitted as a zipped archive containing all materials including a filled-in copy of submission_information.txt.
- Create a new folder FirstnameLastname_Agency_comment, using your information.
- Inside that folder create new folders for data, field_descriptions, and protocol as needed and add files. If you have other things to share that don’t fall under these categories, just add them anywhere and make a note of them in the submission_information.txt file.
- Fill out the submission_information.txt file, save, and place into submission folder.
- Once you have added everything you would like to include in your submission folder, add it to a zip archive FirstnameLastname_Agency_comment.zip.
- Upload the zip archive below.
If you have any questions or comments about the submission process, please do not hesitate to contact us.